Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have a tail light issue, yes the problem is that whenever

Customer Question

i have a tail light issue
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: yes the problem is that whenever i turn on my running lights my stop lights are always on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 ram 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am fixing it myself.. so far i have replaced both tail light circuit boards and the brake light switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue the you are having is a short in the circuit, and is likely to be in the front control module. This Module provides power to the stop lamps, and also commands the tail lamp relay. This module is likely to be the issue. Here I have provided the description of the brake lamp circuits along with the electrical diagrams of the rear lights to give you a better understanding. Just one moment, please, while I review some information on this subject.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just a few more moments, please. My apologies for the delay.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

I have reviewed the circuits and I am leaning towards the issue being with the front control module. In order to verify this, you will have to perform testing on the stop lamp circuits and the module. I am providing some information on circuit testing. I am checking for more testing information for this module.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

The manufacturer has not provided much testing information on the front control module. This control module will be your most likely cause of concern and will need to be inspected. The brake lamp circuits will need to be tested for shorts to ground. These are the most probable causes of your issue.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.