Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Just change my head gasket on 2001dodge 5.9 cumins bleed

Customer Question

Just change my head gasket on 2001dodge 5.9 cumins bleed fuel linesstarted the engine ran fine let it idle for about 45 to an making sure everything was good then later in the day went for a ride an it starts runing rough and blowing white smoke the code it gave me arep1693 p0602 p0113 an p01694
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 02001dodge 5.9 cumins diesel
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes haven't really tried anything just making sure everything was pluged back in wich found one sensor wasn't plugged in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That all
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

After connecting that sensor that was disconnected, did you clear the codes and retest? If not, try this and then drive it a bit. Scan vehicle again afterwards and let me know which codes come back....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert