Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My 2008 Dodge Charger will not turn over when I try to start

Customer Question

Hello, my 2008 Dodge Charger will not turn over when I try to start it. All the lights on the dash comes on even the exterior lights. I had the battery taken out and tested it was great. What could this problem be????
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No sir...
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only had my son to come by and take the battery to O' Reilly's for testing. I was wondering if the key needs reprogramming? That happened last year this time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No maam. Was trying to avoid having it towed 45 miles away and being charged over $100 for diagnosis
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** there an antitheft light illuminated on the dash, when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sir
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

Ok, then you most likely have a bad starter, do you have a test light or a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sir... I asked a mechanic to come by today to check it out. He says he has a diagnostic device. I ordered a starter, but was wondering if the keys needed reprogramming again...
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

if it were a key problem, there would be an antitheft light illuminated,Tim