Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Power windows, well they work from the drivrs side and at

Customer Question
hello JA: Hello. What do you...
hello
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: power windows
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: well they work from the drivrs side and at times at the pass door
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2002 quad cab
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.9
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my right turn signal works fast also works proper at times
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Please read below how the system works below also click on link to view the wiring circuit diagram for your vehicle

2002 Dodge or Ram Truck Dakota Quad Cab 4WD V6-3.9L VIN X

Save Article

POWER WINDOWS Power windows are available as factory-installed optional equipment on this model The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system and power lock system are included on vehicles equipped with the power window option. The power window system allows each of the door windows to be raised and lowered electrically by actuating a switch on the trim panel of each respective door. A master switch on the driver side front door trim panel allows the driver to raise or lower each of the passenger door windows and, on quad cab models, to lock out the individual switches on the passenger doors from operation. The power window system receives battery feed through a circuit breaker in the junction block, only when the ignition switch is in the ON position. The power window system includes the power window switches on each door trim panel, the circuit breaker in the junction block, and the power window motors inside each door. This group covers diagnosis and service of only the electrical components in the power window system. For service of mechanical components, such as the regulator, lift plate, window tracks, or glass. Following are general descriptions of the major components in the power window system. Refer to the owner's manual in the vehicle glove box for more information on the features, use and operation of the power window system. Power Window Switch On conventional cab and club cab models, the power windows are controlled by two-way switches integral to the power window and lock switch bezel on the passenger side and the Driver Door Module on the driver side of the trim panel of each front door. A second power window switch in the driver side switch and bezel unit allows the driver to control the passenger side window. On quad cab models, the power windows are controlled by four two-way switches and a power window lockout switch that are integral to the Driver Door Module on the driver side front door trim panel. Additionally each of the passenger doors has a single gang two-way power window switch mounted in a bezel on their respective door trim panels. On all models, the power window switch for the driver side front door window has an Auto label on it. This switch has a second detent position beyond the normal Down position that provides an automatic one-touch window down feature. This feature is controlled by an electronic circuit and a relay that are integral to the driver side front door power window and lock switch unit. The power window switches control the battery and ground feeds to the power window motors. All of the passenger door power window switches receive their battery and ground feeds through the circuitry of the driver side master switch unit. On quad cab models, when the power window lockout switch is in the Lock position, the battery feed for the individual passenger door power window switches is interrupted. A Light-Emitting Diode (LED) in the paddle of each switch is illuminated whenever the ignition switch is in the ON position. However, on quad cab models the LEDs for the passenger power window switches are extinguished whenever the driver selects the Lock position with the power window lockout switch. Power Window Motor A permanent magnet reversible motor moves the window regulator through an integral gearbox mechanism. A positive and negative battery connection to the two motor terminals will cause the motor to rotate in one direction. Reversing the current through these same two connections will cause the motor to rotate in the opposite direction. In addition, each power window motor is equipped with an integral self-resetting circuit breaker to protect the motor from overloads. The power window motor and gearbox assembly cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, the entire power window regulator assembly must be replaced. Circuit Breaker An automatic resetting circuit breaker in the junction block is used to protect the power window system circuit. The circuit breaker can protect the system from a short circuit, or from an overload condition caused by an obstructed or stuck window glass or regulator. The circuit breaker cannot be repaired and, if faulty, it must be replaced.

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

d9e308d9-f974-4027-9087-...gifd9e308d...gif65f043c6-b3bc-44f0-9f5a-...gif65f043c...gif221e8176-24d4-42df-a3ea-...gif221e817...gif98351361-e5cc-4641-8e3f-...gif9835136...gif

On quad cab models, the power windows are controlled by four two-way switches and a power window lockout switch that are integral to the Driver Door Module on the driver side front door trim panel. Additionally each of the passenger doors has a single gang two-way power window switch mounted in a bezel on their respective door trim panels. On all models, the power window switch for the driver side front door window has an Auto label on it. This switch has a second detent position beyond the normal Down position that provides an automatic one-touch window down feature. This feature is controlled by an electronic circuit and a relay that are integral to the driver side front door power window and lock switch unit. The power window switches control the battery and ground feeds to the power window motors. All of the passenger door power window switches receive their battery and ground feeds through the circuitry of the driver side master switch unit. On quad cab models, when the power window lockout switch is in the Lock position, the battery feed for the individual passenger door power window switches is interrupted. A Light-Emitting Diode (LED) in the paddle of each switch is illuminated whenever the ignition switch is in the ON position. However, on quad cab models the LEDs for the passenger power window switches are extinguished whenever the driver selects the Lock position with the power window lockout switch.

The DDM ,Driver door module is the most common but testing is needed to be accurate

Save Article

A Driver Door Module (DDM) located on the drivers door trim panel.

Save Article

REMOVAL 1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

Zoom and Print Options

Fig.4 Driver Door Module

2. Using a trim stick or another suitable wide flat bladed tool and starting at the rear of the Driver Door Module (DDM) bezel, gently pry the DDM up and out from the driver side front door trim panel.
3. Pull the DDM away from the trim panel opening far enough to access the two connector receptacles on the back of the unit.
4. Disconnect the two door wire harness connectors for the DDM from the DDM connector receptacles.
5. Remove the DDM from the door trim panel.

INSTALLATION
1. Position the Driver Door Module (DDM) to the opening in the driver side front door trim panel.
2. Reconnect the two door wire harness connectors for the DDM to the DDM connector receptacles.
3. Insert the front of the DDM bezel into the opening in the driver side front door trim panel.
4. Using hand pressure, gently and evenly press down on the rear of the DDM bezel until it snaps into place.
5. Reconnect the battery negative cable.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13851)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat