Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2006 Dodge Ram ... Power at blower motor. no power at

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Ram ... Power at blower motor. no power at resistor
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: myself... tested for power at motor its hot ... but no power at resistor...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should do it.. need to know how to figure out to find out why no power is at resistor with key on..
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN please?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3D7KR28C26G276980
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN.

The resistor does not get power. That is the ground side circuit. You need to check to see if the blower motor itself is getting power to it. This is the pink wire or the pink wire with light green stripe. This should have power on it at all times with the key on. If not, then the TIPM could be faulty. You can try to jumper power to the blower motor to see if it comes on. If so, I would suspect a faulty integrated power distribution module. However, before replacing it, try to do a battery discharge reset procedure by disconnecting the battery cables from the battery and rubbing them together for 5 minutes.

If it does have power, check to see if it is getting a ground to it from the resistor. If so, then the blower motor may just be faulty.

If there is power to the blower but no ground, I would suspect a faulty blower motor resistor or switch (which controls the ground side circuit)

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>