Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

01 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel replaced A/C evaperator and power

Customer Question

01 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel replaced A/C evaperator and power steering pump now Cruise and O/D do not work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced brake light switch on brake pedal , cannot determine what other things that are common to those two
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Barry Sergeant replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is Barry. Welcome to Just Answer. I would be happy to help you with this. I believe I spoke with you about this problem last week.

I'm attaching a wiring diagram of the transmission circuit. There is ground that is shared by the brake switch and overdrive switch that is located in the left kick panel. It is ground G200 in the diagram. Let's test that ground at the brake switch and at the O/D switch.

Here is the diagram.