Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I just replaced my ETC and its still has no throttle

Customer Question
response the light is still...
I just replaced my ETC and its still has no throttle response the light is still flashing
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: its the electronic throttle control on a 2005 magnum
JA: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have just replaced the etc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it still runs the same
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

REMOVAL

1. Remove rubber air duct at front of throttle body.
2. Disconnect electrical connector (3) at throttle body (1).
3. Remove four throttle body mounting bolts (2).
4. Remove throttle body from intake manifold.

5. Check condition of throttle body O-ring (2) at front of intake manifold (1).

INSTALLATION

1. Clean and check condition of throttle body-to-intake manifold O-ring (2).
2. Clean mating surfaces of throttle body and intake manifold (1).

3. Install throttle body to intake manifold by positioning throttle body to manifold alignment pins.
4. Install and tighten four mounting bolts (2). Refer to Torque Specifications.
5. Install electrical connector (3).
6. Install rubber air hose to throttle body.
7. With Scan tool, go to the Miscellaneous menu, and then select ETC Relearn. If the relearn is not preformed, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set.

This means that you will need to perform a relearn procedure for the idle parameters with an advanced scan tool. If you do not have and dont have a friend with one, you will need to have it towed to a shop and pay to have this done. Usually it is 1/2 hour labor charge, about $50-$60. The alternative is to purchase a scan tool capable of this, which will run around $2000.

I understand that this is likely not what you want to hear, but please remember that I didnt design or engineer it and have no control over this requirement. You are paying for a correct answer, which is what I have provided

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Unless you have any other questions on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager