Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 liter Hemi Had a new cam put in it so

Customer Question

2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 liter Hemi Had a new cam put in it so it needs the software to calibrate to motor the idle is low so it dies when put onto drive
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: Hold on
JA: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing Idk what to do and the power steering started leaking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Was a computer reset done after the repair to see if it would auto learn correct idle speed after about 200 miles of use? If so and the idle issues remained then you will need a to have customer computer built for the different cam and air fuel ratios you are running.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris