-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Left rear turn signal not working, bulb is fine. Am trying

Customer Question

left rear turn signal not working, bulb is fine. Am trying to determine 1) why I can see 11 Vdc at the input plug but when I plug it back in I don't see any voltage at the bulb contacts. Next tried continuity test between the plug pins and the bulb contact. continuity between some of the pins. Trytibgn todetermine what I should be seing
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No I'm assuming that since the front works and I see voltage at the rear that the fuse is fine. I'll check next
JA: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?
Customer: 2005 grand caravan
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. wiggling wires, the voltage and continuity tests
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mostly I'm trying to find a schematic that shows what is supposed to go where
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I check continuity between the plug pins and the bulb contacts I get continuity between ground and both turn signal and backup contacts. Figure I probably have a bad lamp assembly.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

When I get a taillight issue in I just swap the left and right taillight assemblys and see if it works.. The main thing we see here at the dealership is bad bulb sockets and bad boards in the taillight assemblys.. If you swap it and it works fine in the other side then I would replace the assembly..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad