Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2015 ram 1500 diesel will not start shows service

Customer Question

2015 ram 1500 diesel will not start shows service transmission continue in d. do not shift or turn engine off. all then light are on the transmission shift nob.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the li
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the lights that show if you are in park, drive, ect. yes if I can if not will have to have it taken some place
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have disconnected to battery to see if that woulld reset
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fault or messages you are seeing here are indicating that a fault has been detected by the engine/transmission computer.What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done the codes that set with this fault need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

I suspect this is the transmission neutral safety switch/position sensor at fault as this is usually common for this issue.Unfortunately with this fault here the vehicle will not start until the fault is located and repaired and the codes cleared out with the scan tool.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete