Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2002 dodge stratus se when I turn the ign. switch

Customer Question

I have a 2002 dodge stratus se when I turn the ign. switch off the oil indicator light and the trans. indicator light comes on , which drains the battery.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, so far I pulled the relays one at a time to see if the lights would go out but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I turn the headlights on the lights will will go out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been done on your vehicle recently that may have caused this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.