Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a message saying that the left rear turn signal lamp

Customer Question
is out. However, I have...
I have a message saying that the left rear turn signal lamp is out. However, I have an aftermarket flat bed that has led lights. And...all of my blinkers seem to be working fine. But it flashes fast
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Haha! No.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: But if the fuse was no good, wouldn't the turn signal not work?
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: 2010 1 ton dually
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. Thought I would see what others say before I go to tearing things up trying to find the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: As I said, i have an aftermarket flat bed from performance beds on the truck that has LED lights. So the original bed and lights are no longer on the truck. And it started this problem about 2 months ago and then bed has been on here about 2 years
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 6 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

When did this issue start? If you have converted this to LED lights you will need to reconfigure the TIPM which is the fusebox for LED lights so it doesn't flash fast.. This will need to be done with a WiTech scantool.. We(Dealership) charge 1 hour labor which is 110.00 to perform this for customers...

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

The lights have been converted for nearly 2 years. The fast flashing started about 2 months ago. My dash panel says that my left rear turn signal is out. However, All of the turn signals are working.

You will need to see what codes are in the fusebox(TIPM) with a scantool.. It's likely the fusebox is bad but you will need to know what codes are setting to confirm that..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech