Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I changed the shift solenoid pack and the input and output

Customer Question

I changed the shift solenoid pack and the input and output speed sensors, and put a new filter in my 2005 jeep liberty and I drove to test it out and it was better for a min but then it started having problems again so I cleared the codes and it went into some kind of safe mode it would run for about10 seconds and die how do I reset the brain
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

What codes are storing now?

Did you do the diagnostic steps for the codes you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, and I am out of town for a couple days so I don't have access to the codes right now

Do you want to just reply when back home?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't you normally have to do something to the brain after performing that procedure,
I also have a brain out of a different vehicle that needs to be programmed for my jeep

Are you asking how to clear codes or reset the PCM (vehicles computer)?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to how to reset pcm ( the brain)

Remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute. 30 minutes later reconnect them to the battery. This will reset the computer.