Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

We got the recall notice for the air bags on 2006 Dodge

Customer Question

We got the recall notice for the air bags on 2006 Dodge Dakota last Monday. My husband call Moss Bros, here in Riverside, CA and was told to bring the truck in on Wednesday to have the air bag fixed or whatever. That was on May 1st. The truck is still at the deal as they say there is a problem with a part. To your knowledge has anyone else had this problem?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: We did not know about the airbag situation until it was advertised. Then were told to wait for a letter, which we received last week. Mileage is 100, 600 roughly
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it's at Moss Bros in Riverside CA
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if this is a normal situation
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

are they saying that there is a problem with getting the part, or that there is a problem with the new part they installed?