-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Looking to find the Park kill wire on a 17 durango, This is

Customer Question

looking to find the Park kill wire on a 17 durango
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Dodge Durango. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: This is a SSV and we are looking to disable some emergency lights when the car is in park
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Can I get the VIN number to grab a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the VIN with me right now. it's a 2017 Dodge Durango SSV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
VIN is 1C4SDJFT9HC839689
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

I have attached the wiring for the shifter, the problem is the shifter BUS messages the data to the TCM so there isn't an actual "Park" signal...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks We are going to review this tonight, I will follow up with any questions. I have been told that there might be a wire harness in the SSV that puts out a 5v signal when in park and we would need to run a relay to use this. Not sure where this SSV wire harness is and what each wire does. Do you have any info on this harness and it's location?Thank you
Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Brad, I need to know where to find this wire harness so i can tap into the wires. Can you let me know were to find it?Chris