-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2003 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi getting a

I have a 2003 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi getting a P0305 code, swapped plugs, coils, and wires. to other cylinders to see if misfire changed cylinders. It did not, I have checked the resistance of cylinder 5 injector with my mulitmeter and it checks the same as cylinder 2. Leaning towards injector issue, test light looked the same on cylinder 5 injector wiring as cylinder 2. compression test on cylinder 5 came back about 165psi and was the same as cylinder 1. any ideas other then the injector that could cause a misfire? I have no driveablity issues but you can hear excess fuel burning in the cat.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Have you performed a cylinder leakdown test? Have you removed the valvecover to inspect the rocker arms?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not yet was going to swap injectors to see if problem moves or stays. Not sure how to do a leak down test. If problem stays I am planning on pulling valve cover, heard that rocker arms can come loose. What are the chances of damage if it has come loose? I am not experiencing any ticking or anything abnormal.

The older HEMI engines had issues with valve springs breaking, so I would remove the valve cover and spin the engine over and see if the rocker arm moves as much as the rest of them.. If no then pull the head and inspect the lifters for damage.. I have not found any bad injectors so it's likely not a injector..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pulled valve cover everything is okay swapped injector to cylinder 2 from 5 and misfire code moved to cylinder 2 so now you can say you have heard of a failed injector.

If you moved the injector to cylinder 2 and the misfire moved then you will need to replace the injector. It's not unheard of but it's not common for the injector to fail.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad