Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

This morning I got in my vehicle defined that the dome

Customer Question

Good morning this morning I got in my vehicle defined that the dome lights did not come on when I open the door but the instrument panel lights came on whenever I put the key in the ignitionAfter starting the vehicle I also found that the steering wheel convenience buttons and lights were not on nor were they working, the rheostat dial that adjust the instrument panel and navigation system brightness up and down worksAnd all other electronic seem to be working
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I recommend to start by checking the fuses. Look for a Dome Light fuse and an "IOD" fuse. Replace any blown fuses and retest...

post back the results and we can go from there..

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and pulled the fuse that you specified inspected it and reseated it still no change I should mention this morning after I sent you the first message that I got in the vehicle and drove it for three and a half hours all other electronics work but my interior dome lights the floorboard lights when you open the door and the steering wheel radio controls do not work but the cruise control works
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I forgot to mention that the passenger side floorboard light that comes on whenever you open the door had been flickering every now and then like it had a short in the wire or somethingI don't know if that one light bulb wire shorting out could cause a chain reaction for the rest of them but it's the only thing that I know that is been out of the ordinary before this happened
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

It is possible that if there is a short in the door that it could blow the fuse, causing issues with everything that you say is out. At this point it is recommended to check ALL fuses and replace any blown fuses and retest. If you still have problems after replacing any blown fuses, you may need to visit the dealer for diagnosis.

If you want to try to diagnose this yourself, it will require that you have a test light, multi-meter and basic hand tools. I will need the last 8 digits of your VIN so I can gather some service info to help you get this solved...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert