Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

1999 ram 1500. Open door and lights work. Turn ignition key

Customer Question

1999 ram 1500. Open door and lights work. Turn ignition key and and acts like battery is dead. I then turn key off and clicking noise under dash. I disconnected neg battery cable and reconnected. Truck then started fine for a month. Now that isn't working.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: I check fuses. Ok. Why does the clicking noice happen when ignition is off and key in my hand standing outside of truck. I have also pumped brackets and messed with door switch and that worked a couple of times.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, it happen a couple of times then it was fine for months, now even disconnecting battery only brings power back until I turn ignition
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This sounds like a battery cable poor connection problem. Have you checked closely to be sure that the cables are clean and tight?Chris