Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 4.7 GAS EMGINE. BEGAN SEVERAL WEEK AGO TO REQUIRE MORE…

Customer Question
2011 4.7 GAS EMGINE...

2011 4.7 GAS EMGINE. BEGAN SEVERAL WEEK AGO TO REQUIRE MORE THAN ONE ON-OFF OF KEY TO GET ENOUGH FUEL TO FIRE. PROBLEM HAS WITHIN LAST THREE DAYS TO WORSEN. YESTERDAY, REQUIRED "PRIMING" THROUGH AIR INTAKE. RUNS FINE AFTER STARTINS. ????

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual? What confuses you?

NOT GAS HOG. WHEN FIRING AFTER SEVERAL ON-OFF, REVS FIRST, THEN IMMEDIATELY DROPS RPM, THEN GAINS TO ABOUT 800.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?

RAM 1500. 4.7 ENGINE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES. NOTHING.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
4/1/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** for using justanswer.

You need to connect a fuel pressure gauge to diagnose this, and a scan tool to check for codes. The most common problem is a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump assembly. The dealer may also need to check for any refashes that are available for the computer.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars. If you feel you need to rate less than that let me know so I can help more.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will check codes and return afterward.

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CodePO522-oil pressure sensor circuit low. What exactly does that mean?

That could just mean you need to replace the oil pressure switch or it could mean you have an issue with the wiring harness or the pcm.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PRESSURE "GAUGE" IS ABOVE CENTER WITH ENGINE RUNNING. IS IT STILL POSSIBLE THAT SENDING UNIT IS BAD? IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO TEST UNIT?

Do you still need assistance, this question has not been rated, so I am checking in.