Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had a code for the water in fuel and I believe I had a bad…

Customer Question
I had a code...

I had a code for the water in fuel and I believe I had a bad sensor I have replaced the sensor and looks like I got ride of the code but my truck panel on the ceiling still says needs serves take to dealer. How do I get that to go away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

I do but I don't have it with me I work out of town.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 cummings 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I do like to do all my own service if I can. I have replaced the fuel filter and housing that has sensor built in. And I have tried to clear codes I was told a couple of diffent thing that I have tried both. I turned key on and off three times then I tried six times then I tried unhook the battery and touch leads together and hook back up. So far nothing is working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know I thought I was talking to the mechanic

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
3/21/2017
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago
eric remington

IS IT A MAINTNEANCE LIGHT? OR A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's words on the display above the mirror it says service required See dealer now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No warnings on dash
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did have warning on dash a gas pump with water drops by it however that went away when I installed the new filter and filter housing.
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

replace oil filter

NOTE--Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or 6 months, whichever comes first.

Lubricate Front Drive Shaft Fitting (4X4)

Inspect the exhaust system

Inspect the brake hoses

Inspect the U-joints (if equipped) and front suspension components

Check the automatic transmission fluid level

Check the manual transmission fluid level.

Check the coolant level, hoses and clamps

Lubricate outer tie rod ends

Rotate tires

Check spare tire for proper pressure and correct stowage

Check transfer case fluid level (4X4)

Change front and rear axle fluid (4X4)

Replace fuel filter element

Inspect brake linings

Inspect parking brake

Inspect fan hub

Inspect damper.

Inspect front wheel bearings

Change the automatic transmission fluid and main sump filter

Change manual transmission fluid

Drain and refill transfer case fluid

Flush and replace engine coolant at 60 months, if not replaced at 100,000 miles (160,000 km)

Replace crankcase ventilation filter

Clean EGR valve

Clean EGR cooler

Flush and replace engine coolant if not done at 60 months

Flush and replace engine coolant at 120 months, if not replaced at 100,000 miles (160,000 km)

Adjust valve lash clearance

Inspect engine accessory drive belt.

General Maintenance Schedule Note:

Identifix Maintenance Schedules are based on Service Manual glovebox Maintenance Schedules. Automobile Manufactures often use a single Maintenance Schedule for several vehicles types; therefore not all the tasks in a Maintenance Schedule may apply to the particular vehicle you are working on.

Identifix Service Manual Coverage Details New Vehicle Referral Help Logout FAQ Contact Us Privacy Policy Español Français

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

YOU JUST NEED TO RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE VEHICLE CHECKED FOR MAINTENACE AND REPAIR NEEDS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I reset the maintenance light
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

LET ME CHECK FOR YOU

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

THIS APPLIES TO OIL SERVICE RESET AND I BE DOES ANY OTHER RESETS AS WELL LET ME KNOW...TURN KEY TO RUN POSITION(ENGINE OFF) AND PRESS ACCELERATOR PEDAL 3 TIMES SLOWLY WITHIN 10 SECONDS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did not work
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

ok then that must not be a maintenance light...it will need to be reset with a scanner. Mitchell on dmeand, if there info is thorough, usuallly is, has only 1 reset procdure listed for factory resets. this should definetly at least apply to oil changes

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

sorry for mix up

Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing a message that says maintenance required - see dealer it is because you've passed the emissions maintenance interval. At 67,500 mile intervals you will see this message alerting you that the CCV filter needs to be replaced and the EGR cooler cleaned.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08