Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

How to program my 2005 Dodge Durango new remote key

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 5 months ago.

The Dodge Durango was introduced in 1998 and substantially redesigned for the 2004 model-year. Despite the major differences between the first and second-generation Dodge Durango, the process for programming a keyless entry remote is exactly the same for all of the models. When Chrysler, the parent company of Dodge, struggled financially, the company decided to discontinue the Durango in late 2008. The 2009 model-year Dodge Durango was the final model.

• Sit down in your Durango and close all the doors. Place your key in the ignition and turn it to the "Run" position. Don't crank the engine.

• Hold the "Unlock" button on the remote you want to program for five seconds. After five seconds, press and hold the "Panic" button until you hear a warning chime. Release both buttons.

• Press and release the "Unlock" and "Lock" button on the remote at the same time.

• Press and release the "Unlock" button. Listen for the warning chime. Turn the key to "Off" to complete the programming procedure.

Do you have any more questions for me? If not then please accept answers and rate me 5 STARS so I get credit for helping you out. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I try this and it did not work, is there anything else to do?

Not without the dealer programming an new remote and key for you wit the reprogramming computer hooked up t the system and clearing and reprogramming the system to the new remotes for you. If the keyless entry module is bad then the module will need to be replaced and programmed by the dealer only or with a dealer approved scanner only.