Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Having trouble running oxygen sensor heater monitor. 2001…

Having trouble running oxygen...

Having trouble running oxygen sensor heater monitor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2001 town & country 3.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. road tested as per drive cycle

1/24/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the monitor showing not run on the scan tool?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Have you tried from a cold start (vehicle sat more then 12 to 18 hours or over night).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

O.k.,the heaters usually come on at a cold start.If you havent let the vehicle sit over night or for at least 12 hours this needs done so the computer sees a cold start and runs the monitor testing.The heaters engage to warm up the sensor for faster operation and if it is already been run and hasnt cooled enough then the computer usually will not run this testing.I would let it sit for several hours then re run it and see if it runs and passes then as it should.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This car ran the sensor heater after the engine was shut off. This did not run until the EVAP monitor ran & passed. Credit my money back.

The sensor heater runs on first start cold or with just the key on.Below is the link to customer service.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Pete, Auto Service Technician