Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

I have a dodge 3500 diesel 2005. Batteries are new, cables

Customer Question

i have a dodge 3500 diesel 2005. Batteries are new, cables and contacts are clean and tight, Truck wont start - no power to anything (dome light, etc.) When key is in the ignition, nothing powers up at all . . .
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it is now consistently dead.for a while, the truck was still starting but then problems started with a delay and a it clicking noise before it would start. then when no key was in the ignition, a red light in the instrument cluster would flash and a intermittent beep noise would sound and the dome light would flash on and off.
JA: Are you fixing your B3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to fix myself if possible. the negative battery termimal connectors on the batter cables were quite corroded so I replaced the negative battery cables with new ones. I thought maybe the problem was with a bad ground connection.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after replacing the cables, i double checked the batteries, all seemed good and the truck started up normally. Then it sat for a couple days and now everything is dead, batteries are still fully charged.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

can you tell me how much voltage you have at fuse #14 in the integrated power module located at the left front fender?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will check once I am back home.What voltage should I have?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Battery voltage (12 volts).

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Any news?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you are texting from a cellphone you must scroll all the way back up to the top to see the rating button.