Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Is there a freeze plug on the drivers side of the engine 3.6

Customer Question
l chrysler town and country...
is there a freeze plug on the drivers side of the engine 3.6 l chrysler town and country 2011
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auto 112,000
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i seen water spraying out of what appeared to me to be a freeze plug..i will be fixing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
1/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a few minutes to review this information

I'm unable to pull up this information at this time. I will open this question back to another tech. My apologies.

Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

yes there are freeze plugs on both banks of the block

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i tried to remove one of them and it got pushed into the motor, will this hurt it? also do you know what size the plug is?

can you get it out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
havent tried to yet, that will be my job in the morning, just asking incase i cant

it should not hurt anything...but it can restrict coolant flow.... i would make a good attempt at removal...im not sure of the size off hand...but they should carry them at any dodge dealer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you so much for your response.

hope u can rate my service 5 star

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!
xsvector
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic