Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1995 dodge, 5.9 diesel cumins turbo, all factory.

Customer Question

I have a 1995 dodge, 5.9 diesel cumins turbo, all factory. Over 300000 miles. It just started making engine noise, intermittently. It usually makes it every morning, first starting, if its cold it will continue making a "horn" (instruement) noise but only when driving, even slow & the blower motor has to be on. It can be AC or heat, the blower on. If you turn blower off it stops, the horn noise. If you stop, stop sign, it stops. I did hear it after driving for a long time as well with ac running, hot outside. I just noticed the engine temperature gauge running up 1/2 way to hot, back to cool. Just constantly going up & down while driving on highway for a few hours. I am not sure if this is related to the horn noise.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This "horn" noise is most likely related to something Vibrating in the HVAC (heater/ac system). I say that because of the fact that you can make the noise happen when stopped and turning on the blower. Inspect the fresh air intake for the HVAC system under the cowl passenger side. Maybe remove the blower motor and see if there is something in there like a piece of paper, or ?? Check those things and let me know what you find if anything.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply / answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.

Chris