Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Blow cold air new resister new thermostat saw a video guy

Customer Question

blow cold air new resister new thermostat saw a video guy used a hose and flushed but it was a 98 dodge
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: actually the radiorator top blew off this summer replaced radiatoy watter pump hoses and coolant
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its a 96 and put a warmer thermostat from165 to 180 was hoping that would fix it no dice blower works great no heat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Ok, have you checked the heater hoses in the engine compartment with the engine idling and heater on high to see if the hoses are both hot, one hot and one warm or both cold?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
both hot as I recal what am I looking on the hose temps
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you give me a procedure check hoses for heat them what
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
never mind ill figure it out keep the $5 thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Just hot to the touch. There are not any published temperature specs. If the hoses are hot to the touch, then the heater core is fine and the coolant flow is fine.

This is going to be the temperature blend actuator not changing the position of the door between the heater core and the ac evaporator.

I need to know if yours has manual climate control panel or automatic/digital control panel

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I also need to know the model of your dodge as you didnt list that at all