Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I need security code I disconnected my battery, No I have

Customer Question

I need security code I disconnected my battery
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No I have serial number on radio screen
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to crank it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Battery was dead
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

are you referring to the Radio Code after the battery disconnect

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can't right now I'm at Work but what do I need to do

you should have that radio code in the owners manual on little card written so you can enter and unlock it

if the vehicle was bought used sometimes manual missing & including the card with radio code on it in this case

you call dodge dealer and ask for service , if they are nice if you supply them with vin# ***** or Radio serial # ,that means you have to pull it out of the dash to get that for them and they can give you the cofde to unlock ,now sometimes they tell you to bring it in ,then they will hook up on scanner and unlock radio code and give the code to keep for future situations of loss of power

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat