tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

How do I remove the sub & aux input panel located inside the

Customer Question

How do I remove the sub & aux input panel located inside the seat center console storage bin ? I need to fix the loose connector to this panel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: My RAM 1500 4x4 has an intermittent radio related problem with the USB /Aux input panel inside the center seat console storage box. The radio turns on & off every three minutes by itself. Problem is related to this USB /Aux panel because if you touch it or open/close the storage console lid it causes the radio problem. I think it might be a loose USB connector, but I don't know how to get to the connector. I tried to remove this little USB console panel, but I can't seem to pull it out. There are no other obvious access openings to reach this connector and re-insert it.. Please help !
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: The radio is standard as delivered. This is not a radio problem! It is a connector problem inside the the center seat console storage box.
JA: What year is your Ram 1500?
Customer: 2013 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm trying to fix it myself. I have tried to remove the little USB/Aux input panel (2inch by 3inch) but the clips that hold it in are not accessible.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That should be enough info to understand the problem. Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4gb8kfr2f9sy0x/0105-dodge-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/j4gb8kfr2f9sy0x/0105-dodge-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help