Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a partially working key fob. It unlocks my minivan

Customer Question

I have a partially working key fob. It unlocks my minivan doors but won't open the back sliding doors or back hatch. Do I need to go to the dealership to purchase or program new key fob?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Based on what you say, I t is not a remote key fob problem. This is a BCM (Body Control Module ) , wiring problem, or the actuator in the doors.
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
This is not a programming issue, but will need to be diagnosed by the dealer or a reputable shop.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Well not sure where you went, but I will be here for you when you are ready. Chris.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The doors open when I push the buttons on the inside of the van. So they work just not when I push buttons on the remote
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

I see, then this may be the remote itself. So yes get to the dealer. They can then test the remote and program it and/or sell you a new one and program it to the van.

Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome!

I hope my answer has helped you, and if so would you please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
You are welcome! I hope my answer has helped you, and if so would you please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris