-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I'm a locksmith working on a Dodge Charger 2011 to program

Customer Question

I'm a locksmith working on a Dodge Charger 2011 to program an aftermarket Ilco Y-170 transponder key. I have the programmer, I have the key code and skim code, but I've tried to pop the start button off to insert the key blade of the Y-170 and can't find a way. Where do I need to place this transponder key to program?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Take a small flat blade screwdriver or knife and pop the start button out, then you can insert your key into the WIN module to program it.

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brad, thanks for the prompt reply. Your directions are exactly what I have done several times in the past but when I tried that today I could not get the button to pop out where the key could be inserted. ?????? What happened was the small circle cover in the middle of the button pop off leaving me with a view of more of the button and no keyway in which to insert the key blade.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

And you are working on a 2011 Charger or is it newer? Can I get the last 8 of the VIN to see if it has a FOBIK or if you can use a regular key?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

I just went and looked and this uses a FOBIK so you can't program the key type for this 2011. I would need the VIN to give you the part number based on sales codes.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Are you still here?

This uses a FOBIK that also has passive entry, which means the FOBIK will also need to be programmed in the RFH and PEM module's..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Standing by..........

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Donald are you still here?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey Brad....Sorry about that, my granddaughter just blew in from a 3 day Christian event in Atlanta and she is all fired up. OK, if I obtain the FOBIK where is the port or cradle I place it in to program it?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

The fobik can be held in your hand, when you program it you will need to press unlock and lock to program it. We use the WItech at the dealership and it will say when to press unlock to program it..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help?