Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I replaced the battery cables on my 06 dodge Cummins, and

Customer Question
now it cranks but won't...
I replaced the battery cables on my 06 dodge Cummins, and now it cranks but won't turn over. When the key is in the on position the light by the engine temp gauge flashes, as does the abs light and the check engine light stats solid. No codes though. Also check Gages light is on. Batteries showing 12.5v.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Which light?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Dodge?
Customer: Ram 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting negative terminals, unlocking the doors with remote.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

there may be a high power fuse on the battery connections or just after the connection - rated at 100A or therabouts so check its condition and clean any corrosion off

also check that earth connections on the battery and the engine block are bright and tight

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would this fuse be? All ground connections are pristine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My truck is a 2006. It has the TIPM not the conventional fuse panel.

Ok

in that case try this reset procedure:

• Remove ignition key
  • Remove negative cable from battery
  • Remove positive cable from battery
  • Keeping cables clear of the battery, hold them together for 10 minutes (there will be initial sparking as power is drained from the system)
  • After 10 minutes, reconnect the positive cable followed by the negative cable.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so I have two batteries, so do I Do that to both?

hello

OK in that case yes

ok

I'll opt out and get another expert involved

, hopefully someone with some more specialist knowledge of this issue

good luck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I went down and talked to a tech at the dealership and ended up towing it down there.

Let me know if you need any more help!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08