Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

No info for instrument ang speedometer the dash all come on

Customer Question

no info for instrument ang speedometer the dash all come on and light up but they wont read there functions ,went thru the dash an replaced bad bulbs and have went thru the and reprogramed it but it comes up ok for the digital dash but wont show temp ,oil pres. fuel or amps speedometer lights up but no miles per. i changed the bcu at right hand kick panel that didnt change anything could it be the ecu not send out info to bcu ,cgecked all plug ins and wire appreciate any input thank you
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes i just did that and i have 13 volts at plugin on dash
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 1992 chrysler newyoker fifth ave.
JA: Are you fixing your Fifth Ave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes first thing we lost all instruments and then i checked the bulbs an had 3 bad ones that helped it light up proporly but that didnt make it read on gauges the way it should
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i removed the plug on the ecu found it very clean and nat a problem all functions on car every thing that i try work great it drives good tran shifts great we just dont have gauges and speedo
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases when the engine and transmission are operating properly with this fault here and it is only these components acting up like this here this can be a fault internally in the instrument cluster itself needing repaired or replaced.If this was already repaired or replaced let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete