-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2007 dodge diesel allot of smoke comming out of exhaust no

Customer Question

2007 dodge diesel allot of smoke comming out of exhaust no codes has dps delete
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 97,000 miles just bought it I changed the oil so far that's about it
JA: What is the model of your '07 Dodge?
Customer: 2500 heavy duty
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to try to do it myself haven't found anybody that would look at it yet because of the dog filters are gone
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

hello

can you tell me what colour is the smoke?

also it is using any oil or coolant?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's definitely not black looks white not using coolant or oil. When I first took off dpf filters ran perfect. Tried to load super chip programmer started smoking put back to stock setting still smoking
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just started it when you rev it a puff of black smoke then allot of white smoke
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No need to call
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could it be trying to regenerate my lines are hooked to exhaust
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

can you explain a little more about what you mean when you say lines are hooked to the exhaust?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lines that went to the dpf filters. I just ran it around the block. ok when it's cold. parked it and let idle idle went up then almost died and allot of white smoke. Stinky looks like the trucks on fire. Comming out tail pipe
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

OK

I'm going to opt out as I think you need someone with more specialist knowledge than I

another expert should be along shortly

best of luck

Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Does the white smoke smell like diesel? It sounds like you have a stuck injector.. What P codes are setting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No codes doesn't smell like diesel maybe burnt diesel
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like you have a stuck injector.. Does it sound like it's skipping when its running? What codes are setting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's not setting any codes. Fires up cold runs perfect hardly any smoke. When it warms up the idle goes up starts smoking then idle goes down almost dies smokes a huge amount ones it starts. Did the exact same thing last week threw dpf codes full dpf and dpf over temp lose of power had straight exhaust no cats ran perfectly yesterday no smoke. Today went to the store on the way back started smoking lose of power but I did install super chip this morning I put it back to stock settings no lose of power but smoke and idle fluxuation
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I got no answers and got charged twice on my credit card. Because the first guy couldn't give me any info so I got referred to the second one And still nothing. So cancelled me and I will be in touch