Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2006 Dodge magnum. About a year ago the engine

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge magnum. About a year ago the engine malfunction indicator and engine oil light came on. The OBD said it was a faulty oil sending unit, which has since been replaced twice including a new pigtail. Local Dodge service offered to further diagnosis work for $500 but this would not include any repairs. Both lights come on when I first start the car. In about 5 minutes the engine oil light goes off. Sometimes the malfunction indicator light goes off. Any thoughts? I am using Dodge's recommended 5W-20 API certified oil.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Do you know the actual code you are getting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am looking on my service records. Unless the number 413 mean something it doesn't look like they record the number
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I'll get the answer to your question tomorrow and start this process again
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good, you can reply to this answer at any time. You may also be able to check codes yourself by turning key on-off-on-off-on within 5 seconds. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The code that appears when the check engine light comes on is PO522 and is identified as "Engine oil sensor circuit low". Unless you have a good idea as to what is causing this based on experience with Dodge Hemi engines I am not sure you can be much help.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I don't think it's going to be a simple fix but I am good with electrical problems which this would be. It seems like you are already assuming that I'm not going to be much help so I'll open question back up to see if someone else can help. They will reply automatically, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dan,
I wasn't saying you weren't any good at diagnosing this problem. I am frustrated by the inability to get this fixed and by the dealer's demands for excessive amounts just to diagnose. My hope was that this was a more common problem and that others would be able to share their experience in finding a solution.