Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2002 Dodge Ram reading P1491 and P 0037 will not turn over!

Customer Question

2002 Dodge Ram reading P1491 and P 0037 will not turn over! Could this be related ?
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to try to fix ourselves! Thought it was low on gas we added gas and fuel injector fluid and it still won't start!
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Has turned into gas hog and sometimes I have to push on the gas petal to get it to startt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The two codes you have are:

P1491- RADIATOR FAN CONTROL RELAY CIRCUIT

P0038-1/2 O2 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH

And they will not cause a no start, so if they are the only codes you have then I would start by checking fir fuel psi and spark to see which one your missing.. Will it start with starting fluid? Has any work been done recently?

Talk soon,

Brad