roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with the cummins diesel motor.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with the cummins diesel motor. Aparently the fuel pump stopped working because the motor stalled and I can not hear the buzzing sound that the pump used to make!
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I bought the truck almost five years ago and I have not replaced it since.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried any thing yet. It just quit running 20 minutes ago. I was looking for information regarding the location of the fuel pumm.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

ok, the fuel pump is located drivers side at the back of the motor about at the cylinder head. it has 2 lines, electrical connector and 2 mounting bolts. easy replacement.

Roy