Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My fuel cap was replaced and now I still have a engine light

Customer Question
on. What do I do? JA...
My fuel cap was replaced and now I still have a engine light on. What do I do?
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: It was the gas cap last time had it checked.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 dodge nitro 3.7
JA: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No had oil changed and changed the gas cap. I disconnected the battery and connected it back on. Was I supposed to drive 40 miles before I would see the engine light go off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I went to the dealership it was the fuel injector they said that they'll show that failed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
11/18/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** it was the gas cap that caused the check engine light to be on then it can take some time for it to go off on its own. It is best to reset the light with a scan tool, but after several days after the computer goes through several check cycles. If you need more help please let me know.

Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician