Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

93 dakota xcab No tailights. Replaced fuse, now only have

Customer Question

93 dakota xcab No tailights. Replaced fuse, now only have right tailite, no left. All others work.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 9 months ago.

Have you checked the bulbs on the left? They could be bad and the cause of the fuse blowing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Of course Already replaced bulb even though it looked fine First thing anyone does is check the bulb.

Do you have a volt meter and have you checked for power and ground at tail lights on left side?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ground is good No power to tailight Power to turn, brake, backup lights

Sorry for any inconvenience but I will be out of town and will not have any internet access. I will release your question so another tech can help.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. I read your noted what you had already done and see you have no power to the left tail light is that right? Also that the tail light fuse was replaced?All other rear lights work?

I will send you a wiring diagram of your tail lights to help, but sounds like you have two options (1) to trace the wiring from that left side back into the cab and see where your loosing the power to it . Or you can run a jumper wire from the right tail light to the left one . Being that age of truck you may have some corrosion at connectors such as the one coming in the cab frome the rear under the vehicle. Look along the wiring from the back forwards for any fraying or touching body parts.

here is the wiring diagram.