Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I changed the alternator on 2009 dodge diesel. i pinched one

Customer Question
of the small wires that...
i changed the alternator on 2009 dodge diesel. i pinched one of the small wires that goes to the dual battery charging solenoid. one of those wires burned bad enough to stop the truck for running. i have the wires seperated from the harness but i need to figure out how to unlock the locks on the big plug on the firewall above the engine.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '09 Dodge?
Customer: not sure usually i pick st 09 2500 crew cab 6.7 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i need to replace the 2 wires but i have to get the plug apart
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Are you referring to the larger harness connection next to the brake master cylinder just to the passenger side of the MC?

As for the solenoid you are referring to, is this the solenoid that is bolted to the passenger side battery tray?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

If you can take a pic of the connector in question, I'll be glad to help...

Click Here for Document Upload Instructions

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Jerry, Master Mechanic