Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have and 2008 dodge 3500 6.7 Cummings replace block on

Customer Question
I have and 2008 dodge...
I have and 2008 dodge 3500 6.7 Cummings replace long block on crank it starts knocking and diesel fuel pouring in motor out of exhaust
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: they is new rebuilt injectors in it
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah at my shop
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my truck
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
initial break down was injector problem changed didn't use much around yard , two weeks later sent out broke down smoking etc . We thought head gasket because mix of oil and coolant , when we pulled head off found crack in cylinder wall 5 that's why we replace long block . after installing block tried starting knocking , smoking run for a less then min it stalled it getting to much diesel to the point dripping out of exhaust
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
codes p2509 p0341 snap on scan tool change cam and crank sensors
11/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

So I'm a bit confused about the injector replacement, were they replaced before or after the engine long block replacement??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
before old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
since most of the parts where swapped maybe problem was their injection pump, I don't know I'm confused

So, I'm thinking one of those replacement injectors failed and caused damage to the original engine, Since they were swapped to the new engine, I am suspecting that this is your cause. About the ONLY cause that can result in raw fuel draining out of the exhaust system is an injecto(s) that is stuck open. This WILL cause a NO start also. It is VERY HIGHLY recommended to replace ALL those injectors again BEFORE attempting to get the engine running. IF you happen to get it running with these injectors, charnces are VERY HIGH that you will burn up another engine due to faulty injector(s)...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check them out so nothing else can cause same problem

A Loosely mounted injector and connector tube can also cause this issue but not as likely as a "Stuck Open" injector.

Injection pump CANNOT cause fuel to drain into the exhaust....

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when original problem happened we change injectors it ran fine, we used around yard for few weeks then went out on road then broke down ,then we change motor I guess it could happen

Definitely it can happen, I've seen it myself several times.

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master