Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

08 dodge cummins, new in tank fp, new hp fuel pump, new

Customer Question

08 dodge cummins, new in tank fp, new hp fuel pump, new filter, fuel present at fuel return line on rail, fuel present at injectors 1 and 6, tries to start, but no start.
suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that the injectors are not allowing enough fuel from them due to internal injector faults or an issue with the fuel injector control from the ecu causing this issue here.I have also seen low cylinder compression cause a fault like this here needing corrected.If you have not had compression checked as well as the fuel injectors this should be done.If these are or were checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The leak test at the tetur line indicates to me that the problem is not injectors. the return is less than 2 ml in 10 sec.
I have not checked the compression but the engine is trying to start. I'LL do a compression check but another clue to me leading to an ecu issue is that the dealership techs removed it from the vehicle and did not replace it correctly. as a ford tech i dont have the scannet needed to check this but i really dont want to take this truck back to a dealershop that ripped my client off. ill get back to you later today...thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here.It is very possible this is the ECU at fault.