Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am going to explode my 1978 Dodge Adventurer and leave the

Customer Question

I am going to explode my 1978 Dodge Adventurer and leave the truck in parking lot on fire!!!!! (Joking but not) working on it for 36hrs I am perplexed by why it won't let me start her. 136,000 miles of earth and she crapped out on me. I bought a new battery at $110.00 plus tax 36 hrs ago. I replaced alternator, starter, plugs coil wires (took out stereo system) replaced lights in dash the heater worker's. Clock doesn't work gas gauge doesn't work the cigarette lighter in truck works......that's all that works!! The link to the ignition system and the cigarette lighter work. Every time I go to start the truck the blue light on my cellphone charger cancelled out. I turn the ignition off and the blue light comes on. I've done it a few dozen times. Please help me start my truck before I turn
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 9 months ago.

Hi Im David, sounds like you need a beer. try disconnecting the voltage regulator, and using another vehicle to jump start the vehicle.

is it even cranking? or not doing anything?

hello??

checking in to see how its going

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Had a tall boy. Did what you said. Still not starting Replaced leads from the battery to the lights from battery to the engine block from the block to the relay which distributes the power to the starter. Tried to Cold crank start it off arking starter still dead. The leads from the relay block to the harnessing spots on the engine firewall seem �� but still dead with no start from �� fuses are ok in the fuse box in the glove box

ok, crap. give me a while to look deeper into this. thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's weird it's wanting to crank but seems like the time it takes to misfire and the time the ignition to tell the starter to turnover it's delayed. I have lights that's all. I don't know if it's in the steering column or ignition off. Perplexed. Thanks for letting me know Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here's some. Pics too review need more. Let me know

ok. using the diagram that i sent earlier, you need to start doing a continuity test of all the wiring. from one conponent to the other. make sure you not only check for continuity between each wire, but check each wire for a short to ground.

any luck?