-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I just bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 that has a satelite

Customer Question

I just bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 that has a satelite radio option. The sales code is RES brand. I had my Sirius subscription switched over to the Dodge Ram and I went out to the pickup after they sent the signal. When I push the SAT button on the left side of the radio nothing happens. I hit setup and I can only change the time. Is there something I need to do in order for me to switch to Sirius Radio. I can't seem to switch it. The am/fm works as well as the cd player but the SAT button does not do anything. I don't know if it is broke or something.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What is your ESN for your Sirius subscription so I can send a refresh signal?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My ESN is 045586958602. What do I do when you send the refresh signal?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Good morning..

Ok I sent the refresh signal, can you see if it works now?

Refresh Request Sent

Follow the instructions below to confirm that your radio received the refresh signal.

verify it worked

Within five minutes after sending the refresh signal, tune to channel 2 on your radio. If you can hear programming, your refresh was completed successfully. If not, go back and make sure you've completed step 1 and then send another refresh signal.

Still not working? Chat with a Listener Care Agent

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Brad, I have no channel 2 on my radio. I tried pushing the SAT button on the radio but nothing happens, there is no response. I have am/fm and cd player and then the SAT button. I have no way to tune to channel 2 on the SAT.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Good morning.

Can I get your VIN number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My VIN number is: 1C6RD6FT4CS133571
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

It comes back on a Deep Cherry Red 2012 Ram 1500 with a HEMI.. You also have RSC(Sirius) satellite radio.. When your subscription ends on a Sirius radio it will only select from channel 0 or 181 and if it will not let you select the SAT function then try disconnecting the battery for 5 min then reconnect and see if it works then..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Brad, I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and then logged into my sirius account and had it send a refresh signal. I turned on the radio and pushed the SAT button but nothing happened.