Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2014 dodge charger rt hemi, and I had to have a

Customer Question
blow and go installed in...
I have a 2014 dodge charger rt hemi, and I had to have a blow and go installed in it. They pulled the remote start fuse and put the blow and go fuse in its spot. The blow and go also has a camera that they had to connect to the computer. Now the heat doesn't work all the time. It comes and goes. Then I went to start it and it shut completely down and all the lights shut off and then it came back on. Also been having issues with it starting. Now it also sounds like the lifters are ticking when it's first started. Any advice on what I need to do. I don't want any problems or future problems.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 day by:
11/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You have at least a few different problems going on. The heat could be a blend door related issue or low coolant level, there are many things that could cause the engine to die. If the lifters only make noise momentarily on startup it's most likely being caused by a low quality oil filter without a drainback valve.

Has the coolant level been checked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Charger only has 27,000 miles on it. Also I have it serviced every 6,000 at the Dodge dealership. I take extra special care of my Charger. I don't think that it is low fluid, or poor quality filters, because this didn't happen until I had to have the blow and go installed in my vehicle. I think that when they hooked it up to the compute it's causing the computer to not send the correct signals. It's my understanding that my car has multiple computers and since they cut the wires on the one to hook up the blow and go, it sounds to me like the computers are not able to communicate with each other properly. The only reason that I believe this to be the case is because my Charger has had zero issues and I have maintained her exactly how I am suppose to. I also check fluids between services. Also the problems didn't start happening until the blow and go was installed and they had to cut the wiring to one of the computers to install it. Do you think that it is possible that this is the case?

The installation of the device without a doubt did not cause an internal engine noise and there is very little chance that it is causing the heat problem. Depending on what the other starting and light issues are that could potentially be related, but it would take electrical testing at the time the problems are happening to determine what is wrong.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08