Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Bogs out when i start it and eventually dies. 2004 dodge ram

Customer Question
bogs out when i start...
bogs out when i start it and eventually dies
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2004 dodge ram 1500 hemi
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: feul cleaner
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It putters
11/3/2016
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

You need to test your fuel pressure with a gauge, it sounds like it is starving for fuel. Also check your fuel filter.

If both of these are good, then check for a restricted exhaust such as a plugged CAT.

Thanks, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor