sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2001 dodge ram 5.2l. b1 s1 O2 sensor voltage is

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge ram 5.2l. b1 s1 O2 sensor voltage is running 1.6 volts. Was running high, changed sensor, still high on voltmeter even with tan/white wire cut. What do I look at next?
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Only 2 sensors on single exhaust, b1s2 wires seem ok, can look closer tomorrow.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked 12v and ground to heater, ground to sensor, output from sensor to PCM with back pins is 1.6 v, tan/white wire cut at sensor is 1.6 v. Had PCM changed already for $400. Bought a Bosch code reader so I could reset codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you. Can you please specify the codes you are getting?

Do to a no response condition I am opting out.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is most likely due to the heater not working. If the heater power and ground are present then the issue would have to be the sensor itself.

What is the actual problem you're trying to diagnose?
Where did the replacement sensor come from?