-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2012 RAM 1500. Periodically, the Check 4WD light

Customer Question

I have a 2012 RAM 1500. Periodically, the Check 4WD light comes on while driving (and while not in 4wd). My 4wd works fine but I just find the cause of this problem. My local repair shop has driving it around and can't duplicate the issue. But, it does seem to happen perhaps once a week. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It's the light right below the odometer display. It says, 'SERV 4WD.'
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's at the shop for a different issue (broken brake light switch). Regarding the SERV 4WD light, turning the ignition off and on clears it up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't do my own repairs (if that makes any difference). And like I said, I don't have the vehicle now as it's in the shop.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If you see the "Service 4WD" light then the first step will be to see what codes are in the Drive Train Control Module (DTCM) with a scantool.. We(Dealership) have seen quite a few C2201 codes and if that is what you have then there is a software flash to correct your issues.. I have attached the bulletin and if you have a different code then post the code here and I will tell you how to fix it..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad