Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I need the wiring diagram for the instrument cluster on a

Customer Question
2005 dodge magnum instrument cluster...
I need the wiring diagram for the instrument cluster on a 2005 dodge magnum instrument cluster. Would be nice to know the colors and what each wire goes to
JA: If you don't mind, tell me why you need it. Sometimes that information helps.
Customer: Doing an engine swap
JA: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm doing it myself and I've tried looking on the Internet for it and tracing wires but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just the instrument cluster pinouts oh it has one white 26 plug a grey 26 plug and a grey 16 plug
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Give me a few to get those pinouts for you.

Actually which submodel is it? SE SXT SXT Special Edition or R/T?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you and se

Here you go. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any way you can look it up by the part number or number just to make sure it's right

It is right. Theres only one option.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's close my white 26 plug on has 11 wires going into it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry I read they wrong but yes colors match just the white 26 plug has more wires on the diagram then what actually on it

Whatever wires are there will be right. They remove wires for options that arent there or needed based on the configuration of the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you have a blessed day

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey why don't I see a speedometer or tachometer in those pinouts

Because those are sent over the serial bus.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so that would be 16 an 17 on c1 correct? And what about the temperature ?

The temperature is the same.

Yes 16 and 17 are your BUS wires. You cant send or receive data over these wires though if that is what you are thinking.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you ge the data to those cause those two are the man ones I need

Thats a tough one to answer. You would have to give me full details of what you are doing for me to even begin to try to help on that one. But to keep it simple its gonna be awful tough. Thats why most people use a custom gauge cluster on a custom build. Clusters dont work the way they used to. The signal from the sensors runs to the PCM which then calculates it and sends a message to the cluster (which is its own module) over the high speed BUS and the cluster interprits that data and displays it on your gauges.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm using a 6.0 from a Chevy i have the computer with it I'm using it in a 1964 c10 and tbh dodge makes better guages then Chevy but will my computer for the Chevy 6.0 send the correct information to the bus to give me the reading for speed and tach and temp

No. Your chevy PCM is not going to talk to this dodge cluster.

I understand how you feel about the gauges but your easiest option is going to be to pair the chevy cluster to the chevy PCM (not to count your chevy PCM may rely on that cluster to be there to operate properly anyway)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
True okay thank you for all your helpful in formation

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner