Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Looking for information on the ecm pinouts for ignition coil

Customer Question

Looking for information on the ecm pinouts for ignition coil driver , have only 2 grounds needs 3
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me if this has the 3.3 liter or 3.8 liter engine in it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
3.3
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1 and 4 are dead
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

O.k.,I am looking up the diagrams now on this and will post back here real quick.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok sounds good basically the engine is missing on 1 and 4 has random miss fire codes and coil primary code , run test on it and found on plug for the coil i have only 2 grounds requires 3 checkwd at pcm and found only have 2 3rd wire is dead believe pcm is bad but want to verify which pins work driver 1 ,2,3
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Below is a link to the diagram for the coil set up on this here.It does sound like either a faulty PCM or wiring issues from the PCM to the coil.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhumjix4caerl3q/co-10-31.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That did not help me any what is the cavity number on pcm , i have already chased it to pcm were it comes out and the wire is dead but want to check the cavity instead of ripping harness plug apart the wire is dead 1in off plug
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Let me get you the connector pin outs and post that info here

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sounds good i believe the lcm has failed just want to verify it
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

The pin outs are connector C2.

Terminal 10 Dark blue/dark green wire

Terminal 9 Dark blue/tan wire

Terminal 7 Brown/orange wire

Here is the layout of connector C2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ia4omju6d5jc70/c2-10-31.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete