Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2010 Dodge Ram was diagnosed with a lifter problem. I

Customer Question

My 2010 Dodge Ram was diagnosed with a lifter problem . I would like to know if there is anything else I should be asking them to check . I.e.: cam rockers anyway they are doing the work under warranty . My concern is that after they do the repair something else will fail , something they should have replaced while doing the lifters . And my warranty will be expired . As I said I have a 2010 hemi with 89,000 mikes on it . I just want to know what is normally replaced when the lifters are replaced . I don't want them to do a half assed job knowing that my warranty will soon run out . Thanks Russ
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. The only other thing that I would have them check is the camshaft . if there is a worn cam lobe that the failed lifter rode on, then the camshaft should be replaced . Other than that, I cannot think of anything else that would be related .Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Russ, I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hi Russ, are you able to see my replies?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hey Russ what happened?

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Russ you there?

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello?